Monday, May 23, 2016

Book Review (Pride's Children: Purgatory by Alicia Butcher Ehrhardt)- Monday Madness

Hello my lovely Readers!

Welcome back, I hope you had a great weekend. Now prepare yourself for one of the reviews that I hate doing, but if you read my post, Reviews Rant then you know I feel I must. This book I give a one star too. This means I find it unreadable.


Pride's Children: Purgatory by Alicia Butcher Ehrhardt





All right everyone, I did not finish this book. I could not finish this book. It is 545 pages long, and it took the first page for me to realize why it was so long.

This author writes tediously long descriptions about everything. The very first 'paragraph' is one run-on sentence. I shoved on, it had to get better, right? It didn't. Sometimes I can get through drawn out descriptions, but she also had the need to prove that she had this immense vocabulary. Sometimes learning to write simple and to the point needs to happen.

I would like to clarify. I have no problem with using 'large' vocabulary, I actually think it is great. However, I do not think it needs to be used excessively. There comes a point where it is too much. In my opinion, this book hit that point and continued going. There is a beauty in simplicity and I think this author has not yet learned this.

I desperately tried  to get into a book that was given such high ratings, but I honestly could not.

As always, I think you should give it a try and give your own honest review.

That is all for now. Keep Reading!

Ta, Ta.



If at any time you think, "Hey, Astrid, you should do a post on [fill in blank]." Send me an email to penname.books@gmail.com
Are you an author? Do you want me to read your book? Send business inquiries to penname.books@gmail.com (I only do review exchanges if you make a request for me to read your book.)

No comments:

Post a Comment